Terms & Conditions of Ground Effect Aviation Pty Ltd (ACN 121 041 790) (“the Provider” “we” “us”)
1. These Terms and Conditions (“T & C’s”) apply to your enrolment for a selected course with us and form our agreement with you.
2. Full payment of the advertised course fee is required to secure your place in the selected course (“the course fee”).
3. If you pay the course fee via telephone or in person then we will provide you with a payment confirmation and course timetable at that time. If you book your course online then it is your responsibility to print the payment confirmation and course timetable which is provided. If the purchaser of the course is not the person being enrolled then it is the responsibility of the purchaser to forward the confirmation and timetable to the person enrolled.
4. The course fee is subject to a non-refundable booking fee of 20%.
5. We reserve the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule any courses due to reasons beyond our control (“force majeure event”). If you are enrolled in a force majeure event you will receive a full refund of the course fee or be given one (1) opportunity to transfer to the next available course (subject to availability) at no additional fee.
6. The course fees listed on our website apply in respect of our current course timetable. We reserve the right to amend (including removing) our course pricing, timetables, offers and services at our discretion.
7. Any offers and services promoted on our website or in other advertising maters are valid only for the period of the then current timetable.
8. Your full attendance is required at all sessions of the selected course unless otherwise advised by us.
9. We will not provide a refund of any part of the course fee if you failure to attend a course or session.
10. We require full repayment of the course fee if you fail to attend on day 1 of a course or module if you wish to re-enrol in that course or module.
11. If you arrive later than 30 minutes from the scheduled commencement time of the course you may be asked to reschedule the session/module and if so requested a $50 transfer fee may apply.
12. If you leave a training session early or miss any portion of the session then you may be required to make up this training session and if so required a $50 transfer fee may apply.
Cancellations, transfers & substitutions
13. All cancellations or requests for course transfers must be made in writing and sent to us via email at email@example.com or by post to Ground Effect Aviation, Suite 105 - 254 Bay Road, Sandringham, VIC 3191 (“cancellation notice”).
14. If we receive your cancellation notice by not later than five (5) days before the course date then we may in our absolute discretion provide an alternative commencement date for the course. If we do not provide an alternative commencement date then you may request one (1) of the following: a. If you cancelled your enrolment, a refund of the course fee less the non-refundable booking fee of 20%; or b. If you requested to be transferred to another course – you will be transferred to that clause subject to availability (“the transfer course”). If you fail to attend the transfer course then you forfeit the course fee and will be required to pay a new course fee on your next enrolment; or c. If you requested our consent to another person attending the course in your place, the substitute person must be the attendee for the entirety of the course.
15. If we receive your cancellation notice less than five (5) business days prior to the commencement of a course, the following will apply: a. If you cancelled your enrolment, you will not receive a refund of the course fee; or b. If you requested to be transferred to another course, you will be transferred to that clause subject to availability (“the transfer course”) and an administration fee of 20% of the course fee will be charged to you (“the transfer fee”). If you fail to pay the transfer fee or fail to attend the transfer course then you forfeit the course fee and the transfer fee and you will be required to pay a new course fee on your next enrolment.
16. Critical dates including closure dates apply to all training courses. Upon commencement of the course you will be advised of all relevant timeframes and requirements for the submission of assessments. Assessments received after the course closure date may not be accepted.
Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer
17. You may meet course entry requirements through your previous education, training, work or life experience. If you believe that you already have some of the competencies in the course then may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (“RPL”) or Credit Transfer (“CT”).
18. Application for RPL or CT may only be made once your enrolment in a course is confirmed and at least four (4) weeks before the course commencement date and must be made using our RPL or CT application forms which available from our Training Course Coordinator.
19. If you have completed units from a course at other institutions then you will be given recognition on presentation of a verified transcript, Award or Statement of Attainment.
Policies (Access and Equity and Dispute Resolution)
20. These documents are provided in your student handbook or are available on request.
21. Any materials supplied by us to you including but not limited to training course materials (in document format, electronic format or otherwise) are for your non-commercial use only. You must not re-publish, licence, transfer, copy, reproduce or post on the internet, any of our materials without our prior written consent.
Theft, loss or damage
22. We do not accept responsibility for any loss or detriment arising by reason of theft, loss or damage to, or otherwise concerning any property belonging to you during your enrolment in a course.
23. Information you provide on our enrolment form will be entered into our database for the purposes of processing enrolments, registrations, orders and payments. It may also be used by us to provide advertising material to you.
24. We collect personal information solely for the purpose of operating as a Registered Training Organisation under the Australian Skills Quality Authority administered by the Federal Government (“the registering authority”). The requirements of the registering authority may mean the release of your personal information for the purposes of audit. Under the National Privacy Principles, you can access personal information we hold relating to you and you may request corrections to such information which is incorrect or out of date. You can request to access this information by submitting a written request to the relevant Training Coordinator to Suite 105, 254 Bay Road, Sandringham, VIC 3191.
25. These T & C’s may only be amended by written agreement. Any waiver of ours must be express and in writing.
26. Our rights under these T & C’s do not exclude any other rights we may have at law.
27. If any provision of these T & C’s is unenforceable then that provision will be severed and the remaining provisions will continue to apply.
28. These T & C’s are governed by the law of Victoria.
29. In these T & C’s:
a. Headings do not affect interpretation;
b. The singular includes the plural and vice versa.